RULES FOR THE LIBRARY
1. Reading is an important means of gaining knowledge, building language skills, and of enjoyment. Students must inculcate in themselves the habit and love for reading.
2. Strict silence and order is observed by all in the library.
3. A student must be in the school uniform and in possession of the school identity card to enter the library. However, for borrowing, one needs to have the library card. These cards are not exchangeable.
4. All articles and personal belongings must be left outside when entering the library. Only an exercise book and library book, if to be returned, may be taken into the library.
5. Only one book will be issued per card and no student can take a book on another’s card. Abook can be kept for two weeks and may be renewed for a maximum of one more time.
6. Books exclusively for consultation are not to be taken out of the library. They remain available to all students all time.
7. Before leaving the library every student must submit himself and the books borrowed for scrutiny.
8. All magazines, reference book or books used while in the library must be put back into its proper place after reading.
9. Books borrowed from the library must be returned directly to the librarian. They must not be circulated. A student who circulates books borrowed from the library may have his library card withdrawn and may be fined as well.
10. If any defect is noticed in a book that is being borrowed, the librarian should be notified. Failure to do this checking renders one liable to be considered responsible for the defect noticed on the return of the book. A penalty may be imposed for damages done to books and articles in the library.
11. Books lost must be replaced by the borrower. 12. A remark will be entered in the library page of the School Diary for every book returned late. Three such remarks will result in the withdrawal of the lending card and a fine of Rs 50/- may be imposed.
13. Library card is distributed once a year, in April. Books can be borrowed only with a library card. A lost card may be replaced by a new one by paying a fine of ` 50/- .
14. No books may be retained during the summer, autumn and winter vacations.
15. Library hours (High School) : Class days: 8.30 pm - 12 Noon 1.00 pm - 3.30 pm Saturday: 8.00 am - 12.00 Noon
16. Students are encouraged to make use of the facilities in the school library during recess, for personal growth and to enhance knowledge.
17. During class hours (8.00 am - 2.25 pm), students will be allowed into the library according to the time-table published by the Vice Principal. Special permission must be obtained from the Vice Principal for a student to enter the library during these class hours outside their time table.
RULES FOR THE COMPUTER LABORATORY
1. The Computer Centre is a place of learning and serious work. For this ’Silence’ is very necessary. Therefore OBSERVE STRICT SILENCE in the computer centre.
2. The computer is an electronic instrument which is mastered through instruction and operation. Follow the instructions of the teacher carefully.
3. The Computer is a very delicate and expensive machine. Damages must be paid for by the student. Report immediately any kind of defect or damage, so that prompt remedial action can be taken.
4. Students are not permitted to surf the internet without the permission of the teacher.
5. Computer time is precious, DO NOT waste it.